Thursday, May 14, 2009

Barry at His Best

Tucker was turning 50 at around the time we were getting ready to move from the Racquet Club. I asked all the invitees to bring their best Tucker stories to share at the party, which was held on the large front lawn of the house. Barry really took the assignment to heart, and came with a multiple-choice style, audience participation Tucker Trivia Quiz which encompassed some of the best Tucker lore. It was the centerpiece of the festivities for me, given in the mock-serious delivery that Barry had mastered. I am still chuckling about some of those tales, many of which I heard for the first time on his telling. Humor being among the very best gifts one human can give another, I will always remember Barry most fondly for this and all the other times we laughed together, and he would let out that sheepish chuckle.

Bobbie Tucker

No comments:

Post a Comment