Thursday, May 14, 2009

Memories of Barry

Barry and I used to regularly have breakfast in a restaurant. One day when he was working for his father's water treatment business, he came in with inscribed pens that acknowledged him in the name "Lloyd and Associates". He made that mock-chagrined face when he read the inscription: "Lloyd and Ass."

Once during our single days, Barry and I took a vacation to Florida. I was in charge of getting the tickets. When I gave Barry his ticket, he learned that I had identified him to the agent as Beatrice DoGood, which was the name he had to use for both flights. (same mock-chagrin)

During the summer months, on every holiday, Barry was working the long tongs at the grille at the Racquet Club, as 'head chef' for the hot dog and hamburger feast. He always wore his signature straw hat, with plenty of holes for ventilation.

Barry, we all miss you and your laugh. Please save us a place, and I will bring the beer.

John R. Tucker

No comments:

Post a Comment