Monday, May 18, 2009

A Great Role Model

Linda:

Barry was a wonderful man, he brought joy to everyone around him and he always seemed to be available when people needed a hand. I first met Barry when I was a student at Greenhills, but I really didn’t get to know him until I started working at the Racquet Club. Barry was a several years older than me and gladly took the time to befriend me and the other students working at the Club. I had the good fortune to watch him transition from being single; to engaged; to husband; and to father. I was able to see and hear about what becoming a responsible adult was all about, before I had to do it myself. Several years later as I faced the same transitions I looked at Barry and it was comforting to see that while the transitions bring big changes in priorities, they don’t have to change who you are, they allow you to grow. Barry was a great role model. I am lucky to have known him and called him friend.

Alex Thorne

No comments:

Post a Comment